Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

The Cold

It started like any other disgusting and unwanted cold.

Anyone else have that horrible cold that's going around? You know, for colds, I usually just say 'toughen up' and 'it's no biggie', but man this one was something fierce. Like that English grannie that rocks the turntables, this one just wasn't what you'd expect, not from a cold anyway.

Because one minute it was just sniffly and sneezy, the next it felt like you got kicked in the head and someone was stabbing you in the eyes with a screwdriver. Let me tell you, I get sinus infections occasionally, but I can't remember having one that was quite so bad before. This sinus infection is (still
getting over it!) a serious force to be reckoned with.


So, I started a new job last week as a part-time children's book editor, but my first week was made nearly impossible because of this wretched sinus infection. I couldn't look at computer screens, or print, or really keep my eyes open for very long full stop. This makes doing the 'editor' job difficult because I have to--you know--read stuff. But, I toughed it out, despite the rising nausea, and got everything I needed to done.

Then my mom told me about this thing called a neti pot. Has anyone heard of or used this? I'm thinking I might pick it up when I'm home in Michigan over Christmas. If it works, this could be awesome.

Either way, the sinus infection is pretty much what made officially finishing NaNoWriMo impossible. Because I couldn't look at computers for about a week, I ended up writing on paper. A lot. But, I didn't type it up, which is necessary for the official NaNoWriMo word count. Whatevs: I still won and I did it my way: writing at my own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?